CBD Pastelitos (Guava and cheese pastries)
CBD Pastelitos- Guava and Cheese Puff Pastries
2 boxes of puff pastry 17.3 oz each box. (You can find this ready in the freezer section of the grocery store.)
1 Guava paste 14 oz (Found in a Latino grocery store or food section)
1 Cream cheese (8 oz)
Pacha CBD Oil - 300mg (6 milliliters)
Egg wash (1 egg and 1 Tbls water)
1/4 cup Simple syrup (1/8 cup sugar + 1/8 cup water)
1) Remove puff from the boxes and allow to thaw out enough to open the sheets of dough with out snapping. Because it comes in the package folded and you need to open and flat to work with.
2) Cut both guava and cream cheese into rectangle slices. Close to 3 in x 1 in.
3) In a small pot melt and mix together your sugar and water to make your simple syrup.
4) In a small bowl beat the egg with a tablespoon of water and leave to the side.
5) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
By now your dough should be thawed out enough to work with. It can still be cold but needs to be flexible. If you find it warmed up too much put in back in the freezer for a couple minutes.
6) Lay the dough out on a cutting board and cut each puff pastry sheet into 6 equal rectangles. Use a ruler for assistance if necessary. Place one slice each of guava and cream cheese diagonally and 25mg each (or half the dropper/ milliliters) of Pacha CBD Oil on top of guava and cheese and close the dough over it all creating a triangle. It can really be whatever shape you want. Seal edges with by pressing down with you finger and cut a few slits on the top. Then brush egg wash over the top. This helps give it a golden brown color.
7) Place the pastelitos on parchment paper onto a sheet tray and bake for 13min or until golden brown.
8) Once removed from the oven brush simple syrup over the top to give them a sweet gloss.