* A scale is required to measure out the Pacha CBD Isolate.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp white granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold, cubed unsalted butter
.06 grams (60mg) Pacha CBD Isolate
90 ml cold water
12 oz cheese for frying. (Check out the Latino food section for cheese like this. The package will say "for frying". Mozzarella can be a substitute.)
Oil to fry
1. In a large bowl or stand mixer combine your flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and whisk so it's all mixed and there are no clumps.
2. Add butter and Pacha CBD Isolate and mix with your hands or paddle on stand mixer until the butter become very small and pebble like.
3. Add egg and water and mix just until all is incorporated.
4. Place your dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth and uniform. Then place back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 30 min.
5. Cut your block of cheese into 15 even pieces.
6. Lightly flour a clean surface and a rolling pin and roll the dough out into a rectangle about 14in x 12in.
7. Using a pizza cutter or knife cut dough into long, 1in wide, strips.
8. With a pastry brush or your finger tips brush a little water across the surface of one dough strip and wrap one piece of cheese in a spiral motion where the dough overlaps and continue until the cheese is completely covered and pinch both ends making sure no cheese is showing. Repeat with the rest of the cheese and dough.
9. Heat enough oil to medium heat or 350 degrees and place in pan or pot. Do not crowd the space by placing too many in there. This will drop the temperature. Remove once golden and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
10. Let them cool slightly so you don't burn your mouth and enjoy with any dipping sauce of your choice! We made a cilantro based sauce and a spicy mayo-ketchup.
* You can make these ahead of time and freeze and save for later and fry them whenever you want them. They make a great party snack.
* These are easily veganized by using vegan butter and vegan cheese!
Shout out to Venezuela- where these come from!